Shag @ D23 Anaheim
Josh Agle attended D23 Expo, the ultimate Disney fan event, at the Anaheim convention center which ran from July 14th to July 16th 2017. The Disney Dream Store approached Shag to contribute to the extensive merchandising for the event and specifically for the 50th anniversary of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
Shag created an original painting called Scoundrels and Skeletons to celebrate the anniversary of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The original framed Scoundrels and Skeletons painting (shown top), measuring an impressive 74″ by 24″, was available at the event for $26,000 USD. The image was also used as the basis for other products available both at the event and subsequently through the Disney parks. The Scoundrels and Skeletons prints were as follows:
1. A framed Scoundrels and Skeletons giclee (stretched canvas on frame), measuring 55.5″ by 18.5″, was available in a limited edition of 95 pieces and cost $895 USD.
2. A large Scoundrels and Skeletons giclee wrap, measuring 30.5″ by 10″ (or 38″ by 16″ framed), was available in a limited edition of 195 pieces and cost $495 USD.
3. A small Scoundrels and Skeletons giclee wrap (Collectors Wrap), measuring 16″ by 5.5″, was available in a limited edition of 295 pieces and cost $125 USD.
4. Seperate deluxe Scoundrels and Skeletons matted paper prints were produced of the left and right sides of the image, each measuring 18″ by 14″, in an open edition cost $39.99 USD (each).
5. Two Scoundrels and Skeletons postcards were also available for the left and right of the image, each measuring 7″ by 5″.
A Scoundrels and Skeletons 16 oz mug was produced.
Shag collaborated with Harveys to produce a Scoundrels and Skeletons streamline tote bag (measuring 15″ high by 16.5″ wide by 4″ deep) which cost $175 USD.
A Scoundrels and Skeletons coaster set was created using the same image. The set contained four coasters, eah measuring 4 1/4″ by 4 1/6″.
A Scoundrels and Skeletons woven aloha camp shirt was created based on Shag’s design. The shirt was made from 100% rayon, had wood-finish buttons, and was labeled by Wonderground Gallery.
A Scoundrels and Skeletons t-shirt was created based on Shag’s design.
D23 is the official fan club for The Walt Disney Company and was founded in 2009. The club runs the biennial exposition D23 Expo. The club name D23 is derived from D for Disney and 23 from the year Walt Disney founded the company.